Published earlier this year, the first-of-its-kind Government Cyber Security Strategy set out a roadmap to make all public bodies across the UK “resilient to known vulnerabilities and attack methods” by the end of this decade. This webinar, hosted by PublicTechnology and Egress, explores how this ambition can be achieved.
Watch on demand and hear from David Lovell, government cyber strategy and policy lead, Government Security Group, Cabinet Office; Steven Furnell, professor of cyber security, Nottingham University; and Jack Chapman, VP of Threat Intelligence at Egress, reflect on whether the policy document sets the right targets and the right course to reach the strategy's goals.
In addition to welcoming questions from the audience throughout the event, our panellists discuss:
- The current threat landscape facing government and the wider public sector
- How to protect email and other major attack surfaces
- The most urgent issues facing public services providers
- What support is needed from all stakeholders, including ministers, senior officials, industry, and specialist bodies like the NCSC
- The success of early initiatives and policies, such as the planned ‘Gov Assure’ resilience audits
- Will the strategy make the public sector safer – and what factors will define its success in doing so?
Fill in the form below to watch on demand.